Subject: Re: rxvt scrollbar
To: Ian Goldby <Ian.Goldby@mail.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/2001 18:42:43
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Ian Goldby wrote:

> I can't get the scrollbar in rxvt to appear in the scrollBar_floating
> (i.e. normal, not XTerm) style. The XTerm scrollbar looks bad and I
> hate having to use mouse button 2 to drag it (on a single-button mouse)!

According to the man page, it's a compile time option.

> Is the rxvt m68k binary I downloaded from the packages archive compiled
> without support for this? If so, presumably there is a good reason...

It's turned on in the package "Makefile". The usual policy is turn
everything on, in order to please most of the people, most of the
time. In this case "--enable-xterm-scroll" actually turns something
off. Who knew?

By the way, this is not m68k specific. The package builds the same way
on all ports. Package problems/questions are usually not specific to a
particular port, and even if they are, it's a problem for the package
system to solve, and not a problem for mac68k!

I think you could make a reasonable case for the change on tech-pkg.
After all, if people like the xterm style, they can just use "xterm".

In the meantime, I'd be happy to send you a modified package. Please
respond privately.

Frederick