Subject: Ghostscript
From: Ian Goldby <Ian.Goldby@mail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/2001 23:01:11
Has anyone had success with using GhostScript on mac68k NetBSD? I was
thinking of installing it in order to facilitate fancy printing on my
Epson Stylus 740. But I know GhostScript is quite an expensive program
to run when rendering complex pages. I'm guessing that most UNIX
programs that offer more than unformatted 'typewriter' printing produce
their output in PostScript.

So what I'm asking is
1) Is running GhostScript to handle day-to-day printing realistic on
mac68k NetBSD or will I get fed-up waiting for the paper to come out?
(My machine is a 33MHz 68040 (fpu) LC475.)
2) Is there a better/more efficient and still universal way to print
graphics on an Epson Stylus 740?

Ian