Subject: Re: Slow SCSI performance on Q650
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/2001 17:03:08
>The esp SCSI driver is fixed in -current and in the 1.5.1 branch; you can
>find a GENERICSBC kernel built from fresh 1.5.1 ALPHA sources at
>
>   ftp://ftp.causeuse.org/pub/macbsd/netbsd.GENERICSBC.010314.gz
>
>(should be a drop-in replacement).

This is a crucial question for me. Essentially, I've just gotten
1.4.3 into a usable state (installed, openssh compiled and working so
I can go headless and access it from my desk workstation).

It took the cx so long to compile just the few items I needed for
openssh that I would hate to have to do it all over again just
because I needed to compile against 1.5.1 kernel headers. Is this an
issue? I'm coming from a Linux POV but I suspect it's not -that-
different for NetBSD.

Stefan Jeglinski