Subject: Re: LaserWriter and lpr [solved]
To: netbsd/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/2001 10:04:50
It turns out that my printing troubles were being caused by some hidden
evil characters the printcap entry I was using.  That's my theory,
at least, because after retyping it, printing miraculously began
to work. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

So now I have the printer working and serving a few other machines on my
home network.  The only problem now is that it is s-l-o-w.  It takes
several minutes to even begin printing a short Word document.

Is the IIcx I have running the queue probably the bottleneck here?  It
has 32MB RAM and is running 1.5;  would more RAM or maybe a 1.4 kernel
speed things up significantly, or do I need to bite the bullet and
actually spend money for a faster machine? :^)

Thanks.

Phil