Subject: Re: dhclient error message
To: , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ron Landrus <ronlandrus@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2001 17:55:09
I figured out what I had wrong.

My rc.conf was set for all, instead of just ae0. I had dhcp on ae1 and the
"all" was causing my machine stress.

Below is my current networking section in rc.conf. WORKS GREAT! (tastes
great, less filling? or something)

# Networking startup
ipfilter=YES                                    # uses /etc/ipf.conf
ipnat=YES                                       # uses /etc/ipnat.conf
ipmon=NO                ipmon_flags="-sn"       # syslog ipfilter messages
auto_ifconfig=NO                                # config all avail.
interfaces
net_interfaces="ae0"                            # used only if above is NO
flushroutes=YES                                 # flush routes in netstart
dhclient=YES                                    # behave as a DHCP client
dhclient_flags="ae1"                            # blank: config all
interfaces
ntpdate=NO              ntpdate_hosts=""        # blank: hosts in
/etc/ntp.conf
ppp_peers=""                                    # /etc/ppp/peers to call

# Daemons used to boot other hosts over a network
rarpd=NO                rarpd_flags="-a"
bootparamd=NO           bootparamd_flags=""
dhcpd=YES               dhcpd_flags="-q ae0"
dhcrelay=NO             dhcrelay_flags=""
rbootd=NO               rbootd_flags=""
mopd=NO                 mopd_flags="-a"

Who wants to know why we pursue the mac68k port?, send them over here, I'll
tell them!

Ron