Subject: Re: Problem building kernel
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Ian Goldby <Ian.Goldby@mail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2001 20:06:20
At 4:31 pm -0800 3/15/01, Colin Wood wrote:
>Ian Goldby wrote:

>unfortunately, you've got me.  i've never had one die that early.  you do
>have the comp.tgz and syssrc tarballs installed, right?
>
>-colin

Oh dear - it's red-face time or sort of anyway. I've got it to work
now, and it appears that there was something in my .profile that was
upsetting it. I defined ENV=$HOME/.kshrc so that I could separate
ksh-specific stuff from the standard .profile stuff. When I took this
out and copied my .kshrc file onto the end of .profile, the problem
went away.

I still don't fully understand what was going wrong - I need to learn
more about .profile and .kshrc.

Ian