Subject: shutting down a centris 660av
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: george s. <gs1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2001 08:55:39
hello all,

i have a centris 660av with netbsd 1.5 installed. this box has a power
switch on the front. when shutting down from the macos, a dialog appears
that tells me "it is now safe to turn the computer off" etc. this is a bit
different than most macs.

anyway, when i type "shutdown -h now" in netbsd, the os has halts and
desyncs the disks, etc., and finally echoes "hit any key to reboot..."

so i was wondering, is it safe to switch off the machine at this point, or
should i boot back into the macos and shutdown from there? (i tried doing so
out of curiosity with apparent success... clean filesystem during subsequent
booting.)

thanks in advance for any replies.

btw, i'm new to the list and am pretty new to *nix stuff in general. i have
enjoyed reading through the archives and have found many useful bits of
information. i'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributes here and to
the mac68k port as well. netbsd is bringing new life to my old 660av, and i
am learning a lot in the process!   :)

--
george s. <gs1@mac.com>