Subject: Re: Problem building kernel
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Ian Goldby <Ian.Goldby@mail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2001 19:07:34
>Ian Goldby wrote:
>> I'm trying to build my own kernel following the recipe in
>> /documentation/kernel, from the 1.5 source
>> NetBSD-1.5/source/sets/syssrc.tgz:
>>
>> # cd /sys/arch/mac68k/conf
>> # cp GENERIC DOUGLAS
>> # config DOUGLAS
>> # cd ../compile/DOUGLAS
>>
>> Everything up to here proceeds smoothly. Then, when I type
>>
>> # make depend
>>
>> I get
>>
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop
>>
>> I have absolutely no idea where to go next. Can anyone help?
>
>surely it said more than just the above.  it's that part that's probably a
>little more important...
>
>-colin

Really, that's all I got on the screen. That's why I'm a bit stuck. I
wondered whether this might be a known or common problem, or perhaps
whether there might be a way to run make in some kind of debug mode.
(I've never used make before - I'm more familiar with IDEs for
compiling software.) Or is there a log file I can look at for a more
lucid error message?

Ian