Subject: Re: Using a PC monitor on a Macintosh (QUADRA)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2001 14:48:21
Emile, I now have my PC VGA (Wearnes VGA) running on my 660av,
using an adapter similar to the one you've described.
The mode to use is VGA/SVGA (640x480/800x600@60Hz) - SEPARATE SYNC
(On my no-name adapter which has a 10 position dip-switch this is 2367=on)
[same as yours]
If your adapter or monitor are different check these out:

660av/840av: Multiple Scan Startup Resolution
http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~jwang/cgi/av-faq/Hardware/660av%20&%20840av/Mu
ltiple%20Scan%20Startup%20Resolution
"(Note: The initial "sensing" of the monitor happens before the file system
is around, so it cannot be patched). "

Technical Note HW26 - Macintosh Quadra Built-In Video
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/hw/hw_26.html
(includes ascii wiring diagram for DB15-HD15 adapter)

Marcus.

ps. replacing my battery helped :))  (ok it wasn't there in the first
place!:)
pps. what sort of PC monitor are you using?

> Hi all (Marcus, Oliver and others)
>
> This morning, I had to connect a PC Monitor to a Macintosh for my nephew
(son of
> my brother) this morning.
>
> He brough a PC/Macintosh video adaptator and come with an old PC monitor.
>
> The video adaptor came with a piece of paper that someone can call it
> "Intructions"... [ :( ]
>
> The video adaptor have some On / Off interruptor that the user have to put
on
> some place to get some video.. (not clear ? Normal, it waasn't clear on
the
> "Instructions" card !)
>
> My nephew told me he cannot get any video...
>
> I use a Quadra 700 (...) for the tests.
>
> The video adaptor had no brand (and was sold on FNAC store in France)
>

> Back to what I've done and the results...
>
> I set the On / Off interruptors using the instructions for NORMAL and
VGA/SVGA.