Subject: Re: 4Q: pkgsrc from scratch
To: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/2001 21:20:23
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

> Thanks Frederick and Brendan for your comments, they were very
> helpful. Points about tech-pkg well taken. Hopefully this is more
> on-topic:

Actually, no. It's clearly a package issue, and not a problem with
mac68k. ;-)

> whose line 64 in turn is (bracketed by an ifdef HAVE_ENDIAN_H)
>
> 	#include <endian.h>
>
> I note that I have 2 endian.h files on my system:
>
> 	/usr/include/m68k/endian.h
> 	/usr/include/mac68k/endian.h
>
> I can't see why I'm getting this error. Any ideas?

The thing is, the second file would usually be accessed as

	#include <machine/endian.h>
                  ^^^^^^^

which would, in turn, include the first file. "machine/endian.h" is a
hard-link to "mac68k/endian.h". The real question is, how did
"HAVE_ENDIAN_H" get defined when you have no "/usr/include/endian.h"?
On my system, 1.4.3/mac68k, configure says "checking for endian.h...
no". Do you have CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS set to something strange?

Frederick