Subject: Centris (Quadra) 660av
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2001 14:45:15
Hi guys!
Just wondering if some of you might be able to help me out with a new (old)
toy I found recently.
It's a 660av ... unfortunately without drives or keyboard ... however there
was a 160MB SCSI
drive thrown in (apparently formatted for mac), and I found a mac keyboard
the week before
(just dont have the cable).
When I plug it in and turn it on (with or without drives, monitor, etc) all
I get is a pretty sound :)
(Well at least it's showing signs of life I guess)
I don't have a mac monitor, so I bought an adapter to use a PC-VGA screen.
No output so far ... although I've read about the paper-clip / mode-sensing
trick.

I've searched lists / net / etc... but have got to the stage where I'm
stuck.
Am I wasting my time with this georgeous old machine?
Can any of you recommend diagnostics / tricks / tips ?

Thanks,

Marcus.