Subject: "page alignment" of kernels in the Booter
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2001 11:16:52
	The current Booter tries to align various parts of the kernel
on VM-page boundaries. It always aligns TEXT, aligns DATA for ZMAGIC
and NMAGIC kernels, and also aligns the end of the buffer at the end
of a page boundary.

	I am trying to hack ELF support in. The libsa/loadfile code
only seems to align some sections to longword boundaries. So, can I
assume that an ELF kernel will always have the correct alignments
compiled/linked in?

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,   |
|   Telstra NW-D, Sydney, Australia.    |  when you stop believing  |