Subject: Msh was Re: Installation Kernel was Re:PB190
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: pantaloon <imuzik@geocities.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2001 04:00:51
Thanx, Bob
for instructions

am glad to know that it's only the ata problem
keeping my PB190 away from NetBSD

but
well i'll kind of give up for a while
and keep watching the NetBSD's what's new things site

cause

my basic idea to install NetBSD on PB190 was
only to
turn it command-line oriented
(afraid of mouse breaking sooner or later)

and
yesterday

came into a weird mac's app called Msh:
http://www.acty-sys.co.jp/~tom/
(seems to be japanese-app but with monaco font will make it available
 for english people)

this one
would seem to satisfy me

Msh can call vi
which really is an app named STEVIE
(it's very very vi..the original one seems to be an english version)

since i can put Msh as my PB190's start up item
i can turn prompt mode
without doing that rebooting-from-mac-os process
(which needs mouse to do it)

maybe i'll come back to take the advantage of the BSD communitiy
but till then
will study and gradually turn commander with Msh

see you again!

BUYO-BUYO-IGOR--------------------
http://listen.to/igor

mp3s @: