Subject: Re: get_DeviceInfo: Error on SCSIread(), #5
To: anatol" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2001 17:46:46
ANC980@st.aubg.bg

>Me again
>
>(both drives are internal)
>
>I've done the ResEdit trick and repartitioned the drive and tried to
>instal all over again.  Tough luck, same error.
>

>I've seen the
>	get_DeviceInfo: Error on SCSIread(), #5
>
>and
>
>	/: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
>	bad dir
>	/: file system full
>
>errors quite a few times coming up in the list, but I still haven't
>figured out how to fix this thing.  I have reformated the partition a
>couple of times (from within mac) but the problem persists.

You indicate you've reformatted the partition a couple of times.  Is this
a format or an initialize?  What did you use?  Disk formatter or Mkfs?
If Mkfs was it the 1.47 version or an earlier version?  Did you
previously have some other UNIX-like system installed on the partition?
Do you have a combined root&usr or separate filesystems?  If separate did
you properly mount /usr in the Installer?

-bob