Subject: Re: Whats the point of this porting effort?
To: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2001 08:06:37
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 01:41:25AM -0800, Lee Reynolds wrote:

 > As for my comment about NetBSD being developed
 > primarily on PCs what I meant is that the PC is the
 > actual box being used to develop the code.  I say this

Quite a few NetBSD developers develop on non-x86 systems.  I do
a lot of development on Alpha systems, for example, and until just
a couple of years ago, I didn't even *have* an x86 PC (I first got
a laptop, and then last year bought a dual-cpu PC).

...so, if you do the math, that means my primary development platform
for NetBSD was not a PC for ... about 4 or 5 years.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>