Subject: Re: get_DeviceInfo: Error on SCSIread(), #5
To: anatol <ANC980@st.aubg.bg>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/2001 20:03:10
This is answered in the FAQ.  The basic problem is that the older 4.3BSD
fs code in the Installer doesn't seem to handle writing to cylinders that
lie beyond the 1GB mark on a disk.  To get around this, you can either:

1) make sure your NetBSD partition lies (more or less) entirely within the
   first 1 GB of your disk and re-install,

or

2) install netbsd.tgz, etc.tgz, and as much of base.tgz as you can and
   then finish the install from within NetBSD (assuming that you managed
   to install tar ;-)

Please read the FAQ, I think I've outlined it better there:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/

Later.

Colin