Subject: Mkfs doesn't work for PB190(B/W)'s HDD?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: BUYO-BUYO-IGOR <imuzik@geocities.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/2001 08:16:41
Hi,

came to this world cause debian doesn't suppor my machine
but
maybe i'm trying things on which is not supported yet in this world?

have prepared the HDD "on" my PowerBook190(B/W) with pdisk68k
and now have 2 partitions "Root&Usr" + "Swap" ready to get the
NetBSD installed

when i doubleclick the "Mkfs"
it tries to search the scsi (?) but doesn't seem to look for the
IDE(?) thing on the machine
(when i pdisked the HDD on PB190 was recognized as "/dev/ata0.0")

it goes:

Console Inited

       scsi ID 0 - not present.
       scsi ID 1 - not present.
       scsi ID 2 - not present.
       scsi ID 3 - not present.
       scsi ID 4 - not present.
       scsi ID 5 - not present.
       scsi ID 6 - not present.

and the new window always forces me to select ID 6
so i click "ok" anyway and the result will be:

I don't remember any errors, but I wasn't counting.

i cam eto the idea that
maybe this is because appletalk is off or appleshare is not selected
so turned them on but didn't work

any words for this situation?

BUYO-BUYO-IGOR--------------------
http://i.am/sarigama