Subject: Re: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
To: anatol <ANC980@st.aubg.bg>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2001 20:18:24
At 8:07 PM -0600 3/7/2001, anatol wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Quadra 800, 24RAM, 80HD1, 495HD2.
>
>On the second hard disk SCSI  id 1 is a Fudjitsu 495 MB, with one of
>those special controllers NS-ACAM 6.2.6
>SCSI 0 is for Mac system 80MB.

So the internal hard drive is all-Mac and the external drive is all NetBSD?

>I've had problems all along. Somehow I got to repartition the second
>HD, (the apple partitioning tool refuzed to see it as SCSI).

Yah, that's why you need to use the patched version of the Apple
software.  Apple designed it to only see Apple OEM drives, but
changing one little thing with ResEdit fixes that.  The fixed version
is available at the usual NetBSD locations.