Subject: CUDA question - how to set polling mode after boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2001 11:50:29
I'm posting to both lists as this question revolves around the CUDA adb
driver, whcih is common to both 68k and ppc macs.

I'm trying to get audio to work on my Beige G3. From looking at mklinux &
linuxppc, we have to send some pseudo-adb commands out the cuda for this
to work (the pseudo commands are of the same vein as the power down and
RTC reading ones). I've copied the exact same code as the other OSs, and
it doesn't work.

The one thing I'm not doing the same is the other OSs make sure we're in
polled adb mode. When I tried to do that, the machine wedged. Obviously I
didn't do it right. :-)

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to do polled CUDA adb after the
machine is up? I tried setting adbPolling = 1 and assuming that
send_adb_cuda() would not return until the command was done. The machine
froze. Should I be at a specific spl level before doing this?

Suggestions?

Take care,

Bill