Subject: Re: Macintosh IIsi
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2001 10:25:58
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 06:05:12PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 MymilRisus@aol.com wrote:
>
> : << Something's tripping up in
> : your Windows setup. >>
> :
> : Sorry, no Windows.  It's a Mac.
>
> Er, my bad!  I'm not sure where AOL-Mac keeps those kinds of settings.
> However, probe around and see if you can find them.  There may be a special
> Mac-only menu at the top of the AOL window that has "Internet Settings..."
> or "Browser Settings..." or something like that.
>
> In the worst case, go to one of the AOL tech support chat rooms, or send an
> e-mail to the AOL customer support asking why you can't get to FTP locations
> (including any error messages pop up when you try).

There's a setting for "Use Passive FTP"  (label may say PASV FTP).  I
think it's in Internet Config. I don't think the Internet Control Panel
has it.  Try turning that on.

If you don't have it on your system, you can find it on VersionTracker.com
at http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=2188

jf
--
John Franklin