Subject: Re: Macintosh IIsi
To: None <MymilRisus@aol.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2001 17:53:33
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 MymilRisus@aol.com wrote:

: << Might be a browser problem, but try it anyway.  If you have trouble
: connecting, try making sure your browser doesn't have any "proxy" settings
: turned on. >>
:
: Yeah, I've tried it a few times, and still nothing.  I'm running AOL 5.0
: (which is awful), and I can't find any proxy settings.  Maybe I just have to
: look a little harder...

You'll need to be able to get to FTP locations in order to get to NetBSD
install files (...or even Linux install files).  Something's tripping up in
your Windows setup.

AOL 5.0 uses Internet Explorer, so:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panels -> Internet Options -> Connections tab ->
    LAN Settings button -> and make sure *none* of the checkboxes are set.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/