Subject: Re: Macintosh IIsi
To: None <MymilRisus@aol.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2001 17:22:32
> Hi,
>     My name is Joe Wasserman.  I'm 14, in 8th grade in Wilmette (near
> Chicago).  I recently pulled my old IIsi out of the closet and set it up.  It
> has an external modem, CD-ROM drive, and hard drive.  I'm going to set it up
> for use with Linux.  I'm wondering where I should start.  Any feedback would
> be appreciated!  Thanks.

First, decide whether you want Linux or NetBSD; this is a NetBSD mailing
list.

Assuming you'd like the more modern, better supported OS, then start by
checking out:
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/mac68k/INSTALL.html

The most important first part is deciding how to install. If you have a
DSL line, cable modem, or something suitably speedy, that'll definitely
make things easier.

John Klos
--
43rd Law of Computing: