Subject: Re: KVM switches? (keyboard-video-mouse)
To: Jeffrey Ohlmann , port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/2001 10:20:01
At 7:28 AM -0800 3/1/01, Jeffrey Ohlmann wrote:
>All,
>
>Is anyone using a KVM switch with NetBSD? I am considering buying one
>to use between a 7300 running MacOS and a Q840 running NetBSD, but I
>don't want to waste the money if NetBSD doesn't like switches. Any
>particular brands that do/don't work well would also be appreciated
>information.

I'm using a KVM switch from Dr. Bott with an 8500 running MacOS and a
Q800 running NetBSD with no problems.  The only concern is the Mac
hardware needs to sense the monitor (i.e. the KVM switch selects the
computer) at boot.  If I boot either machine with out selecting it on
the KVM switch, they boot to a blank screen.  The NetBSD machine
boots properly, that is I can access its network services, but I have
to reboot if I want to access the screen.

--

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com

NetBSD 1.3.3 on a Mac Quadra 800