Subject: dhclient script causes lock up
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <bj90269@binghamton.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/2001 10:54:19
I've recently installed version 1.5 on a IIci with two apple ethernet
cards and a portrait display video card. I'm trying to configure the
machine as a dhcp client so that it can be online over a campus network.
Running the dhclient script suggested in the dhcp howto with minor
modifications (hostname, domain, etc) causes the machine to stop
responding. I can't kill nor suspend the process, although pressing enter
does move the cursor to a new line. I've let it run for about 20 minutes
before doing a hardware restart.

If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong or could suggest sources of
further information I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Michael Benedict
--bj90269@binghamton.edu