Subject: VGA hot-wiring
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Humpage <oliver@watershed.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/2001 18:27:07
Dear all,

I remember some discussion as to how to fool Macs into thinking they've got
a monitor attached - something about using a paperclip to short out pins 4
and 7 (is that correct?)

I just wondered how you were counting pins. Is it left to right, top to
bottom, with the wide bit of the socket at the top?

(The reason I need this is that I have an LC III which for some strange
reason turns off 32 bit memory addressing if you start it up without a
monitor. Weird.)

Thanks, and apologies if this is a dumb question,

Oliver.

--
Yea, and if It will be done, even in spite,
Then lend Thine hand to the masses,