Subject: Re: azerty keyboard
To: =?us-ascii?Q?R=3D=3FISO=2D8859=2D1=3FB=3F6Q=3D=3D=3F=3Dmi_Zar?= =?us-ascii?Q?a?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/2001 13:56:55
R=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=mi Zara wrote:
> le 26/02/01 14:01, Chris Vandenweyer @ chrisvandenweyer@hotmail.com a dit:
>
> > I just installed NetBSD 1.4 on a MacIntosh Quadra. All went fine, but the
> > keyboard is seen as a querty keyboard, altough it is an azerty keyboard.
> > I tried to change the keyboard setting using wsconsctl, but this resulted an
> > error message.
> > Can anybody help me on this ?
> >

> Hi,
>
> The french keyboard layout is NOT supported yet (?). But it seems that Colin
> Wood is working on it.
>
> He has made a test kernel available here:
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/test/netbsd_frkbd.tar.gz
>
> with this, you can issue the wsconsctl -w encoding=fr command.

i'm still working on it.  remi reported a few problems that i'm trying to
work around.  i need to figure out just how the wscons keyboard encoding
support works a little bit better, tho.

does anyone running macppc on an ADB keyboard have an AZERTY (fr) setup?
if so, does it work under wscons?  i'm basing my work off of that at the
moment.

-colin