Subject: Re: newbie - afterstep setup error
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Richard Weltman <richard.weltman@mcr1.poptel.org.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2001 18:33:25
>  There are at least two ways to make the package files available to
>  netbsd. You could use "cpin" from the Installer's minishell.
>  Neater, install the "xhfs" and "libhfs" packages within netbsd.
> "xhfs" is an X program that lets you read and copy files out of the
>  mac hfs partition.

thanks, that's perfect

re. O'Reilly <What To Do If Your Unix Administrator is Away> book

> How to answer that, with no idea "what you need to know", or what's
> in the book? It's a fair bet, though, that it will have nothing
> about the NetBSD package system. (Wish I were wrong!)
> start at <URL:http://www.netbsd.org>

that one is on the list - just wondered if anyone had experience
of it - the UK Amazon review isn't very good. Lots of links to
useful looking Mac/NetBSD books though...in Japanese! Beginners
Unix books I have seen, don't cover administration or configuration.

thanks very much for your help
Richard