Subject: Re: Installer docs?
To: Richard Weltman <richard.weltman@mcr1.poptel.org.uk>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2001 17:06:00
That's what'll happen if you try to install from the MacOS side.

But there's an alternative.  Use the "mini-shell" (from the options
menu, I think) and then use the cpin command to just copy the file(s)
into the NetBSD partition.  Then, after you boot NetBSD, you can cd
to whereever you want and untar the file(s).

Then again, there's another alternative.  You can always use the
hfsutils package (or, IIRC, xhfs) to access the MacOS partition from
within NetBSD!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Richard Weltman wrote:

> AFAIK it will get .tar.gz files (only) accross and decompressed, from
> an HFS partition, but will not nescessarily put them in the right place,
> which can be a headache if you're learning as you go along - even the
> accompanying Read Mes get mislaid, and it's not worth the trouble.
>
> have you looked at the *newbie - afterstep setup error* thread, for
> better alternatives and more info?
>
> All the information I got on the Installer, Installation and Life
> After Installation, was from the www.netbsd.org and www.macbsd.com
> sites. There's no mention of the Installer doing anything other than
> get you started.
>
> hope this helps
>
> Richard

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |