Subject: Re: se/30 netbsd 1.5 boot problem
To: Chris Tucker <nikon@cyberport.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/2001 11:38:58
At 12:03 PM -0700 2/23/01, Chris Tucker wrote:
>OK, I went with NetBSD, and everything went as expected.
>
>I booted for the first time, mounted the fs and used vi to edit rc.conf.
>
>Then I exited, and got not login, apparently from that ttye0 problem.
>
>Since I couldn't do anything, I killed the power and rebooted, but now
>I get "no file system for sd0; cannot mount root, error = 79" errors.
>
>Is there a way to fix this, or should I just reinstall and run the MAKEDEV
>thing *before* booting into multiuser?
>
>I cannot boot into single user mode, even with that option checked in the
>booter.

This probably means you are stuck with reinstalling.  I would try the
sbc kernel if you are using the standard one.  Presume you have an
/etc/fstab in place.

It would be a good idea to do the MAKEDEV thing before multiuser,
yes.  Or else see if you can get the latest version of the installer.
It should be one version newer than the one in the 1.5 release
directories.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.