Subject: Re: 1.5 on an SE/30
To: None <ppat@micron.net, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/2001 11:33:04
At 4:39 PM -0700 2/22/01, Pat Plummer wrote:
>On Thursday 22 February 2001 16:03, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
> > Generally I'd say go with 1.5.  However there are some serial port
> > issues that are making me revert to 1.4.2 on my IIcx.
>
>What are the issues you're referring to, Henry?

1.5 on my IIcx doesn't seem to process the handshaking signals on the
serial ports properly so I can't use HW handshaking on PPP
connections.  I'm going to revert to 1.4.2 and see if it fixes the
problem one of these days.  If not then my comments are invalid.  If
so then it's a data point for the developers.

If you want more detail see the thread in September "pppd/tty00
problem with 1.5 alpha of July 16" in the list archives.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.