Subject: Fwd: Cabletron E5020 on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Shawn D'Alimonte <sdalimon@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/2001 23:26:45
I have a Cabletron DNI Ethernet card in my SE/30 that I am trying to
get working.  I have seen some messages about this card in the list
archives, but nobody has had it working.  I did some experimenting with
MacsBug and have the addresses I think are needed but I don't think I
have the disk space to make a kernel to try it.

Here is the info I have found:
Cabletron E5020 DNI Ethernet Card for SE/30
P/N: 9000209-06 SE/30(PDS Card) and 9000207-02(Rear card)
Model/serial number sticker: 9050207  AA191340026
Memory Mapping (Found by experimenting w/ MacsBUG)
Appears in slot A (0xfa000000)
0x000000 - RAM (64k, there is a jumper for 16k)
0x010000 - 8390 registers, backwards

I was able to get it recognized by the Linux/mac68k kernel, but
couldn't get Linux installed (NetBSD seems much more stable on this
machine).  Linux recognized the card and got the MAC address.  I was
able to ping other machines, but never tried anything else due to
installation difficulties.

Is setting up a cross compiler for NetBSD/mac68k difficult?  The host
would be Linux/i386 unless I can get NetBSD setup on my PC.  For Linux
I was able to find some RPMs that had the compiler all set up.

--
Shawn D'Alimonte   sdalimon@home.com