Subject: getty problem with recent 1.5 snapshots on quadra660AC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/2001 14:11:50
Has anybody had any luck running the recent snapshots on a quadra
660av? Everyone of the recent ones (including #31) I've installed
(with sysinst) has failed on the first boot with the error:

init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyE0, sleeping

I have 20 Megs of memory, and 500 Meg external HD with a root/usr
partition  and a swap partition (and a small mac partition).

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a standard keyboard and a
Logitech mouseman (but I've tried a regular apple mouse). It also
doesn't matter whether the mouse is plugged in or not.
Tom
Tom Jernigan,  jernigantc@ornl.gov
presently at General Atomics in San Diego, Bldg 13/551
Phone (858) 455-4122, FAX (858)455-4515 NOTE NEW AREA CODES