Subject: Re: Formatting a drive
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/2001 22:02:17
At 9:08 PM -0600 2/18/2001, David Rogers wrote:
>Hi,
>I've got a 4 gig drive that I want to use for my /usr partition.
>
>First thing: How do I format a drive from within NetBSD?

I don't really know that you can, at this point, but someone else
might know better than me.  I think you have to use a  Mac OS
utility- a patched version of Apple's older program for this is
available for dealing with non-Apple drives.  There are other
options, again discussed in the FAQ.

>Second: Would the 4 gig partition even work given the current state of the
>OS?

My NetBSD system is running on half an IBM 4 GB external SCSI drive.
I had to move the NetBSD partition to the front of the drive to avoid
the infamous "SCSI 5" error which is mentioned in the FAQ.