Subject: Re: Apple Workgroup Server 95
To: port-mac68k list <port-mac68K@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/2001 16:51:57
Bradley,

The Quadra 950 requires a serial console to boot NetBSD.  There is a
section in the Booter Manual that describes how to set it up.

On my Q950 I've run a serial line (like you'd use to connect a printer)
from its modem port to the modem port of a PowerBook 140, which runs the
program ZTerm (set to 9600,8,N,1).

With the Booter set to look for a serial console on the modem port, I
boot.  Boot messages go to the ZTerm window, where I can login as if
there were a keyboard and monitor connected to the Q950.

Phil