Subject: Apache ??? was Re: packages and basic system service configuration
From: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2001 20:24:00
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:39:20PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Josh Kuperman wrote:
> > But I can't bring up a web page to save my life. I looked through
> > previous discussions and saw someone had tested with lynx -- I
> > couldn't find a lynx package. I tried to telnet on port 80 and got a
> > connection refused message; still I couldn't find anything in any log
> > to show that either the httpd daemon or the system was accessed.
>
> You might check port 8000 or 8080. Check netstat -a to see where the
> daemon is listening, or scan the conf file.

I'm completely mystified. I can't connect using lynx or telnetting to
port 80 (this is the port in the httpd.conf file). I took your
suggestion of 'netstat -a' and it seems that I'm running a tcp6
service. I think I missed something somewhere or installed the wrong
version. (Guess I'll remove the one I got and install something else.)

bash-2.04$ netstat -a
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
tcp        0      0  roberta.gw-josh-.telne 192.168.1.100.49239    ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0  roberta.gw-josh-.telne saratoga.lib.ny..63158 ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0  *.telnet               *.*                    LISTEN
Active Internet6 connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp6       0      0  *.www                  *.*                    LISTEN
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address  Type   Recv-Q Send-Q    Inode     Conn     Refs  Nextref Addr
 1029780 dgram       0      0        0  100d380        0        0
 1029000 dgram       0      0  58ead50        0  106d380        0 /var/run/log

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us