Subject: Re: Installer assistance needed
To: lint <lint@blowthatshitup.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2001 15:06:43
> However, while running the installer it keeps getting the following message
> "Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
> pos = 0, i = 56, fs = /
> alloccgblk: cant find blk in cyl"

Bet you a date with a beautiful co-ed you're either installing to a nice big
partition (over 1GB) or that partition is beyond the first 1GB on the disk.

The proven method, and the one I used to install on my Quantum 2GB, is to
mkfs, build devices, install kern.tgz, install base.tgz until it fails,
then cpin the packages I want, boot single-user, mount the fs, and gunzip/
untar those packages to finish the installation.

Alternatively you can use sysinst but I'm not personally familiar with it.

This is a well-known bug and "will be fixed soon" (Bob, Colin or Allen?).

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Die, v.: To stop sinning suddenly. -- Elbert Hubbard -----------------------