Subject: Installer assistance needed
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: lint <lint@blowthatshitup.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2001 17:50:34
Hello folks, I am having the dickens of a problem with the macbsd
installer. I have a performa 630 with a full 040 and a 4G scsi IBM
drive installed. This drive is a 'new' RMA from ibm and i can find no
errors with it. It passes IBM's tests fine, Addationaly it passes a
low level format on the 630 with no errors. I have so far done,
several formats, both with FWB HDT 3.x and withthe bsd mkfs both with
no problems found. i have also put a seperate terminator on the chain
and bypassed the term on the drive. Ther are no chain problmes
evident.

However, while running the installer it keeps getting the following message
"Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
pos = 0, i = 56, fs = /
alloccgblk: cant find blk in cyl"

I was dogin a WAG that i may be inode and perhaps a bad block, but i
cant seem to find one. Addationally if i try to install another
package it also run for a while and when give the same error. This
implies there isnt a block error on the drive because it would
(assuming) continue at the front of free space on the volume when
isntalling. Any assistance would be helpful. I have been collecting
HW resources for this project for a long time and id hate to have to
bail on it.

Brian