Subject: Re: Netatalk zones (and rack units)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Humpage <oliver@watershed.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2001 16:11:42
on 13/2/01 1:57 am, Bill Studenmund at wrstuden@zembu.com wrote:

>> However, this doesn't seem to work - it just picks up the default
>
> netatalk is designed more from the server side of things. All of your NBP
> bindings will use the default zone for your net unless you say
> otherwise. :-(

That's a great shame. Still, I assume that if I were to start atalkd with
the -s flag set and our current seed router off, it would pretty much take
over the running of things?

>> Also, whenever I stop and restart netatalk, I have to delete the -net
>> and -addr in atalkd.conf, otherwise it refuses to start. Is this normal
>> behaviour?
>
> How exactly does it not start? You shouldn't have to change the -net and
> -addr directives. Do they come back to similar values?

Typical! This happened endlessly when I set it up a fortnight back, but now
the problem seems to have vanished. Ah well, mustn't grumble.

BTW, has anyone put a Quadra 840AV (or for that matter an LC III) into a
rack-mount unit? Any advice/recommended models?

With many thanks,

Oliver.

--
Oliver Humpage