Subject: Re: How do I mount a syquest cart.
From: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2001 10:22:32
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 03:23:33PM -0800, Colin Wood wrote:
> Josh Kuperman wrote:
> > Years ago I bought a bunch (about 10) of 44M Syquest Cartridges and an
> > old SCSI1 type Syquest Drive. It comes in handy and I'd like to use it
> > with NetBSD. I can't figure out how to mount the carts. At the moment
> > most of them are in Mac OS Format, though I have always need an
> > extension to read them. The drive itself is detected without a
> > problem.
> >
> > dmesg gives:
> > sd1 at scsibus0 target 5 lun 0: <SyQuest, SQ555, G2D> SCSI1 0/direct removable
> > sd1: drive offline
>
> we don't really support removable media at the moment.  it should work if
> you mount the disk under MacOS and then boot into NetBSD, tho.
>
> -colin

This makes no sense to me. How would the system mount it after I
booted into NetBSD. I tried creating a directory '/syquest' for a
mount point and then 'mount -t hfs /dev/sd1a /syquest' and some
varieties.  Roberta is my machine.  Give me a guess as to how to refer
to the device and what fs type to choose. It's not a cd, and I don't
seem to have an hfs type.

roberta# mount -t cd9660 /dev/sd1a /syquest
mount_cd9660: /dev/sd1a on /syquest: Input/output error
roberta# mount -t hfs /dev/sd1a /syquest
mount: mount_hfs not found for /syquest

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us