Subject: Re: packages and basic system service configuration
To: NetBSD-Mac68K List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2001 15:56:50
At 2:23 PM -0800 2/12/2001, Tom Tarka wrote:
>On Monday, February 12, 2001, at 02:14 PM, Josh Kuperman wrote:
>  > Perl looks like a major headache. In previous environments I
>installed the minimum and
>  > then used CPAN to handle the rest.

I don't know what CPAN is, but I had no problems compiling &
installing Perl from pkgsrc. It's probably just as easy if you use
the binary packages.

Actually the only thing I've had problems with where I'm pretty sure
the problem was not a result of me doing something stupid was with
py-Tk which just won't build for me.

>I guess I would expect the conf file to be in /usr/pkg/conf but I'm not sure.
>When in doubt (and given a couple of minutes) do a: find /usr -name
>"httpd.conf"
>or: find /etc -name "httpd.conf"
>and then look to see what port apache is running on.

Or you could do a locate httpd.conf, if the locate database has been built.

I installed Apache from pkgsrc, and the configuration file is in
/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf . There is a line in that file that
says:
Port 80

HTH,
DAniel