Subject: Netatalk zones
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Humpage <oliver@watershed.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2001 18:28:01
Dear all,

Thanks very much for the help and comments on ntpd (particularly Alex).
Everything's running nicely, and it doesn't generally get more than 5
seconds slow before correcting itself.

Just one more question I'd like to ask of you. I've done my best to rtfm and
search the archives, but:

We already have an Appletalk network with a seed router and 4 zones. I would
have thought by putting  '-zone "Servers"' into /etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf
it would put itself into the Servers zone, rather than the default Admin
zone. However, this doesn't seem to work - it just picks up the default
zone. Also, whenever I stop and restart netatalk, I have to delete the -net
and -addr in atalkd.conf, otherwise it refuses to start. Is this normal
behaviour?

(fwiw, my atalkd.conf file looks like:
mc0 -phase 2 -net 4681 -addr 4681.148 -zone "Administration" -zone "Digital
Darkroom" -zone "Servers" -zone "Gallery"
)

Oh, finally, is it a Bad Thing (TM) to install a package in the 1.4.2
directory on a 1.5 machine?

Thanks as always,

Oliver.

--