Subject: Re: anyone seen *this* panic?
To: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2001 01:11:19
this is a pmap bug.  on mac68k, pmap_collect() does:

		pmap_remove(pmap, VM_MIN_ADDRESS, VM_MAX_ADDRESS);

this will remove wired mappings even though pmap_collect()
is not allowed to remove wired mappings.

I fixed one instance of this problem a while back on x86, and I thought
this was reported to the maintainers of affected platforms, but maybe
I'm mistaken about that.  I guess I should go open a PR for each platform
which still has this bug.  note that even on x86 there appears to be
another bug which triggers this same panic.

-Chuck