Subject: Re: Endless Install Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/2001 13:57:15
>On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 12:46:01PM -0800, Randy Beaudreault wrote:
>
>>  I about ready to take NetBSD out and shoot it.  I have only been
>>  partly successful getting this install up and running.  I've gotten
>>  it up and both of my hds (thanks to however did the rev. h installer)
>>  only to have it go in an endless loop with a message I can't read.
>>  Any help?
>
>Sure but you need to help us.  What hardware are you using, what software
>(version, what kernel GENERIC, GENERICSBC, SLOTMAN, what?).  What adb
>devices are plugged in.  And then get that message, when it starts
>looping, hit the debug switch on your puter (well, if it's not externally
>accessable like on a SE bodied Mac take off the case and leave it off as
>you boot up so you can reach the switch).
>
>- alex

Quadra 800; 1.5 generic kernel; keyboard, mouse, and Graves
Mousestick on adb.  I forgot about the debug switch, thanks.
--
Randy Beaudreault

"That's a bad thing, right?"  "(sigh) Yes Squat, I think it would be
safe to say that being blown to bits by a volcano would fit nicely
into the bad things category!!!" - From "The Terrible Thunder Lizards"

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Streets"

"This job is ninety percent attitude" - Harry Edgarton, CID
			          Homicide, Baltimore PD
 From the book, "Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets,"
by David Simon