Subject: Re: NTP on Quadra 840AV
To: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2001 00:41:29
> > > 6 Feb 18:33:20 ntpdate[3814]: step time server 192.31.216.38 offset 16.129082 sec
> > Yuck.  If we can get SCSI DMA going, that will help.  Ironically, you
> > might get better results with a "slower" Quadra because of the SCSI
> > issue.
> Really?  I'm (actively) not using any SCSI devices.  I boot MacOS off the
> internal hdd, and everything else is netbooted. :^)

Hmm...  Well, then.  I guess there are other problems...  :-/
Just about everything blocks the clock since that's on VIA1.
We've talked about some ways to try and compensate for missing
via1 interrupts, or restructuring the interrupt handlers...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service