Subject: Re: Is the "df" command reporting accurately?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2001 18:58:35
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>> I also thought that there was a fix to mkfs to solve the problem.  He
>> could possibly just make sure he has the latest version of the MacOS
>> utility and that would do the same.
>
>I thought so too, but even fixed, Mkfs still only makes level 1
>filesystems.

The problem that was fixed in Mkfs was where the sizes were displayed
incorrectly because of garbage in the header blocks.  Typically this
"garbage" was left over when the partition was previously used for
Linux-68k.  The latest version of Mkfs zeroes this area now which fixed
the problem.

I suspect the problem Josh is having is that /usr and /home were
originally mounted on the wrong disk partitions.  What is /usr should
have been /home and vice-versa.  Doing a disklabel on the volume should
show the physical boundaries of the partitions and can confirm this.

-bob