Subject: Re: Endless Install problems w/ 660av
From: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/2001 11:18:16
On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 12:42:07PM +0000, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
> Not so long ago Josh Kuperman said:
>

> I think I've covered all this in my First Time Installation guide over at:
>
>     http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/theobald/

These are very helpful instructions. I don't think I would have the
first attempt work for me, no matter what I did, but it would be
really nice if there was at least a suggestion to use your
instructions over the Install man pages that go with the
distribution.

While I still have some issues to deal with (minimum
size Mac partition for my 660av - about 10M seems to be working with
some major editing; how to wind up with the partitioning schem I want,
etc. ) as I said your guide is very helpful. I would have used it from
the start, but I found it a little unclear or at least not obvious
that I would need them, after printing out the install instructions
that came with the distribution.  Reading the mailing list archives
most of my questions have been frequently asked as well. Did I miss a
method of searching the archive.

I'm still working at getting it to boot and run headless. On the
bright side I found my old Sysquest Drive which made setting things up
easier. Though I worry that now, I will go nuts trying to get that to
work.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us