Subject: Re: port-mac68k/11965: UVM Panic while running perl5-base tests
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@chemie.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/2001 16:57:43
     Hi Chuck,

>I actually was just working on problems in this area reported by someone else.
>the "op/lfs" test won't run for me at all on a pc, it says:
>	# not configured to use large files?
>but some simple test programs I wrote show that files larger than 4 GB
>are at least working better now than they were before.
>could you guys try out the attached patch and let me know if these perl
>tests pass now?

This seems to do the trick! With your patch for miscfs/genfs/genfs_vnops.c
applied, the whole test suite runs through (a few tests following the
op/lfs test fail, but I guess that's unrelated).

Best wishes,

            Nico
--
Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes   Computer-Chemie-Centrum
hommes@chemie.uni-erlangen.de  Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg