Subject: netbooting NetBSD/mac68k?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/2001 15:38:09
I did a little google search, and it appears that I'm supposed to be able
to mount an nfs filesystem as root... however if I tell the boooter to
prompt me for a root device and I enter:

nfs:10.0.0.2:/usr/home/NetBSD/root

It tells me to use sa or sd.  So... to get this to work, I've got to
compile a custom kernel (That's going to be an interesting challenge)?
Or am I doing something hideously wrong?

My only problem with putting a NetBSD partition on the hard drive is that
the harddrive is only 80mb "large".  But it is a Quadra 650 (24/80)... and
I've got all that space on my PC (about 30GB worth).

- alex