Subject: Re: Endless Install problems w/ 660av
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2001 23:36:30
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 06:59:27PM -0800, Daniel Parks wrote:
> At 8:59 PM -0500 2/2/2001, Josh Kuperman wrote:
> >Anyhow, after I tried to reboot, I kept getting the following
> >oddities. from /dev/ttyE0. After the file system checks. I got

> Heh. This is because you weren't using the latest installer. (It was
> only updated to fix this very recently, so that's not surprising.) To
> fix it, boot single user, then
>
> # mount -rw /
> # cd /dev
> # sh ./MAKEDEV all

Now, I'm so close I can taste, as long as no one upsets me by posting
how everything worked for them the first time out I should be able to
concentrate and get this done. I booted into single user mode, though
I will probably repeat the whole process one more time after changing
some partition sizes. I just downloaded Installer 1.1h, which I hope
will fix the problem, if not I will try the MAKEDEV script (or I might
try it anyhow) . Well after I try just booting into single user
mode. And actually it would be easiest if I could just access the file
over http or ftp at the netbsd web site, but at least I'm making
progress.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us