Subject: A newbie installation works first time out!
To: m68k NetBsd <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan <scannall@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2001 10:38:00
Well, I have an old LC 475 that I put a full 68040 in. Got the computer at a
thrift store for $15.00 including a 1.2 gig hard drive and an ethernet card.
It has 20 meg of ram as well. I haven't touched unix etc in probably 15
years and did an install of the 1.5 kernel. Took a few hours, mostly waiting
for the installer to do its thing and presto, a working system after just a
few minutes. Installed Tinymush 3, and Tinyfugue and they worked first time
out in perhaps 30 minutes tops. The only thing that doesn't work at the
moment is xwindows but that's no big deal.

Dan